Sunday, April 13, 2008

Nimes and other old stuff...

Ok so last post until my next adventure.  These are from a trip we took on Friday.  We went to Nimes and Le Pont du Gard which is this crazy bridge like structure aqueduct thing built by the Romans. Absolutely insane considering they just marched into the wilderness and decided to make it happen.  Unfortunately my camera died when we were still in Nimes so I had to use my point and shoot for Pont du Gard.  Nimes was pretty rad (I'm running out of adjectives).  I'm not great at explaining things but I took some pictures and stuff and here they are.  We also climbed to the top of Mont Cavalier to Tour Magne (great tower) all in all covering over 200 steps.  Also in Nimes there was this amphitheater from the second century. Wikipedia says it's the best preserved amphitheater in France... Anyway, pictures...
outside the amphitheater.

inside the amphitheater.
from the top of the great tower.
wow...
old stuff.
where I'm living after I graduate.
check that out.  wow.
I think this is supposed to have water in it.
pretty intense.

No comments: