Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm hungry

Here are some pictures from my walk today.  My class went exploring and of course I lost the group about 30 minutes into it.  I continued wander around and take pictures.  It was nice to have some alone time.  It's really amazing here but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bored.  My only real problem is that there isn't anywhere for me to go and buy cake and ice cream.  Pathetic, I know...  I suppose I'm just useless in a world without bodegas or Parkers.  At any rate.  last night we went to the cafe.  It was Sarah's birthday so we celebrated by making some new friends.  We drank 2 large pitchers of red wine and when Lora and Sarah went home Migs and I wrapped up the night with a 3rd but smaller pitcher.  The younger locals know a lot of English which is nice but kind of a bummer because they aren't as interested in trying to work through my broken french.  I think I need to do that to really learn.  
Today after my walk I spent a lot of time in the computer lab trying to get my computer charger thing worked out.  Did I mention the charger thing?  Within the first 20 minutes of being here my computer charger blew out.  The people at mac had assured me that I would be able to use any converter to charge my computer but apparently that's not the case.  Anyway, now they won't send me one because I'm out of the country.  I have to figure out a way to communicate with the tech support people in France so that they can send me one.  Until then I have to borrow chargers from people.  Huge bummer.  No movies in bed for me.  I did just get a skype account because my ichat hasn't really been working so if any of you have an account or want to get one to face chat/phone chat with me just let me know.  It's free!  
Here are some pictures from my walk today.  I have more but internet isn't letting me put anymore up.  I'll try to add them later...





 

No comments: