Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New York, I love you. Everywhere else is brigning me down.

There is a new social networking page called "Path". Supposedly it's meant to be like a more personal (less impersonal?) version of facebook. Personal meaning you share your deepest thoughts and feelings with 100 of your closest friends as opposed to 800 plus their cousins and co-workers.

If we've already developed the emotional capacity and shallowness needed to update our facebook/twitter status multiple times daily (and keep blogs), is it really necessary to take a step back?

I joined. I have one friend. One person to update with every move I make. One person who is conveniently asleep in the other room that I could easily wake to tell any urgent message I may have.

Moving on, I'm leaving for New York on Sunday at the crack of dawn. I've never been so eager to get home. It could be because of a certain someone waiting for me there or because I haven't been home in 7 months which I think is the longest amount of time I've ever spent away in my entire life.

This whole runaround is getting exhausting. I left New York, a perfect apartment and a great job in September of 2009 thinking that if I didn't leave then, I never would. Now I'm tired and just waiting to put in the rest of my time "trying something new" and go home.





No comments: